REVIEW: Benefit Fake Up

Benefit Fake Up Beauty Blog Review
Benefit Fake Up Concealer Beauty Blog Review
Benefit Fake Up Concealer Beauty Blog Review



I've been meaning to put this post up for a while mainly because, and I'm going start with this, I absolutely love Fake Up and I've been wanted to rave about it for some time - it's just so hard to find the time!

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend an event in Leeds held by the lovely Lisa Potter-Dixon and the Benefit PR team, to celebrate the launch of Fake Up, the new hydrating concealer that is also crease controlling.  I have to say that even though I've been desperate to find a truly hydrating under eye concealer for some time, I was slightly sceptical about the idea of encasing a concealer with a hydrating balm.  I was still sceptical despite the Benefit girls' contagious enthusiasm for the product!

So, the light defusing concealer is encased by hydrating ring containing apple seed extract (not sure what properties that is supposed to have) and vitamin E - which we all know has anti ageing properties that are great for the skin!  My first thoughts were, after falling in love with the pretty packaging, that's a lot of balm and it has that cheap lipstick smell to it.  When I swatched it on my hand at the event I  was also concerned that it seemed quite thick for an under-eye concealer.

It does feel different to other concealers aimed at under eyes, but it's definitely not heavy.  It blends in really nicely, leaving a brightened dewy finish to the skin.  Benefit claim that this is a crease-control concealer, and I have to 100% agree!  It's not exactly crease less, I have one crease under my eyes that it sometimes sits in, but that's all.  I've not once had to worry about this concealer like I used to with Bo-ing.  The best thing about Fake Up however is that it actually moisturises the area, and keeps it moisturised all day!  I've actually noticed more of a change to my under eye area from using Fake Up for a few weeks than I have with most eye creams.  My under eye is softer, smoother may even have fewer fine lines!

Benefit's Fake Up comes in three different shades, Light, Medium and Deep.  We were given all three shades to take away to try.  I currently find myself in between Light and Medium, the two blended together work great.  I'm not convinced Deep would suit all darker skin tones, but hopefully blended in it would look good.  Lisa Potter Dixon gave the tip of using the Deep as a contour on lighter skin, which I think is a great idea if you've got a dry skin, but I don't know if the balm will work well on my already oily skin.

Benefit Fake Up is released this weekend in the UK, so seriously go check it out!


Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter  |  facebook  |  bloglovin'  |  hellocotton  |  LOOKBOOK  |  Instagram

Benefit Fake Up Concealer Leeds Launch Event
Benefit Fake Up Concealer Leeds Launch Event

Share:

3 comments

  1. They look amazing!
    And I like the packaging and formula of the concealers.

    Something i will definitely have to try out !!

    Stefy ♥ x
    Fashion + Beauty
    Blog.StefyPuglisevich.com
    Shop.StefyPuglisevich.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this so much! it looks really great! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this put on my in John Lewis the other day and loved it! Definitely going to go back and purchase one :)

    I love posted a piece on Benefit TropiCoral pallet if you are interest:)


    Love Em x

    www.dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!