May Glossybox


This is a very late post on the 1st Birthday edition of the Glossybox, but I wanted to get something up to show you what I got before the June box arrives!  The reason this post is so late is that I was feeling a little uninspired by the May box, and from reading other reviews this month I don't think I'm the only one.  I little disappointing after having few really good boxes recently, I suppose we all just had high hopes for the one year anniversary box!

The Noble Isle Bath & Shower gel does smell lovely, quite citrusy, though the scent is described as elderflower and gooseberry.  Nothing to get excited about, and with a full size bottle coming in at around the £20 not something I can imagine myself repurchasing!  Still, this will come in handy when I'm on holiday.  I don't like receiving these type of perfume samples in beauty boxes, I think that if we're paying for something the quality should be a bit better and these literally are the sample types that you can pick up from a perfume counter without even having to ask.  Both the Lolita Lempicka scents are nice, L'Eay en Blanc being very fresh, like fresh laundry and Si Lolita being more spicy.  I'm not sure either are quite my perfect scent however.  I'm not a massive fake eyelash wearer, I love the effect but am crap at applying them.  I must say I'm little freaked out that the Let's Go Lashes are 100% human hair... I wouldn't think twice about human hair extension but something about it being near eye feels a little strange!  I'll probably use these one day though!

Weleda is a brand that I'm quite pleased see in the Glossybox, though I was a little disappointed by not really knowing what this Wild Rose product is!  There is no english to be found anywhere on the packaging and the Glossybox product list wasn't very helpful either.  The little moon symbol on the packaging suggests this is some kind of night cream?  The consistency is quite thick, almost greasy, so I'm not really sure I'll be using it on my face.  The sample size is so small that I think I'm just going to carry it in my handbag to use up on my hands.  It is very moisturising though so I'm looking forward to using it up.

My favourite product of the box was the Uniqone All in One Hair Treatment.  A leave in mask that offers 10 benefits that hair needs and I must say I've enjoyed using it so much I've used up the whole sample!  I'm not sure about all the '10 benefits' but it definitely helps me brush out my tangled hair after a shower and it definitely leave my hair very soft.  I'm actually going to be purchasing a full size bottle!

So, other than the Uniqone product, this months Glossybox was a bit 'bleh' for me, even despite the extra gesture of a handy little compact mirror!

Are you subscribed to any beauty boxes?  What did you think of this months Glossybox.  Did any of you get the HD Brows Grow Baby Grow?  It looks quite interesting, I'm always on the look out for something to thicken up my sparse light brows!!

Share:

0 comments

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!