La Roche-Posay Effaclar M




was very exited to try this moisturiser after reading a quick review by the very lovely Laura, aka lollipop26, a very long time ago...  BTW, how happy are we now that Laura is buying now, blogging later again!

As I've stated time and time again when reviewing skincare, I have a tendency for spots and very oily skin.  So La Roche-Posay's Effaclar M range seemed perfect for my skintype.  I had very high hopes that this moisturiser would be THE product for me.  

I suppose this isn't a bad moisturiser, however if you hadn't already guessed by now, I just don't think it did anything for my skin.  I like my skin to feel soft and moisturised.  Effaclar M felt moisturising when first applied to the skin, but very soon after my skin felt very tight... so much so that after a few days of use I developed dry matches round my mouth and chin!  Initially I thought that this may just be something I had to put up with to combat my oiliness and clear up my skin, however, as if like clockwork, come midday I would soon have just as oily a face as would using any other moisturiser.

Having now completely used up the Effaclar M moisturiser I'd say I've giving this product a fair go, and I'm genuinely gutted that it didn't work for me, I really wish it had.  To be honest, after my initial disappointment I stopped using Effaclar M on a daily basis, I'd use it only when I feeling particularly oily.  It wasn't until I was nearing the end of the bottle that I thought to use this moisturiser more as a base, with another moisturiser on top, to try get it to work better for my skin...  however this still didn't seem to work well enough to get me to repurchase the Effaclar M.

Have any of you tried La Roche-Posay's Effaclar M?  Did you find it worked for your skin type?


Share:

4 comments

  1. Its a shame it didn't really work for you! I have oily spot prone skin and have actually found that plain old e45 works best for me! I sometimes find the cheaper stuff does a better job- for my skin any way!

    Great review!

    xx
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment & the tip! I don't think I've actually ever tried e45 but will definately do so next time! I bet it'd work great tbh as sometimes a heavy duty moisturiser is what I need to stop producing so much oil!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I've never heard of this brand before :)

    DayByDiva.Com
    DayByDiva.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sanam - Thanks for visiting my blog! La Roche-Posay is a really good French brand, I obviously just picked the wrong product for my skin... gonna review another of their products so keep checing back! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!