NEW IN: Bourjois Buys


Whilst in search for a new concealer and bronzer, and deciding to take advantage of the regular 3 for 2 offers at Boots, I picked up a few bits from the Bourjois stand.

So I'll start with my favourite of this little trio.


Delice de Soleil bronzer

I'd read great things about this bronzer, and although I was determined to finally try the Delice de Poudre 'chocolate' bronzing powder, the shiny and very fancy packaging of the new Delice de Soleil bronzer distracted me way too much!  It actually took me a little longer than expected to figure out the swivelling packaging, however I was certain that once I did I'd actually love it.  I don't mind the packaging, however it's often a little inconvenient when all you want to do is just quickly pop open the lid and apply a little bronzer.

This is a really lovely bronzer, it has a faint smell of chocolate orange... my favourite type of chocolate!  And the tiny little flecks of shimmer are just about as much as you would  want when contouring your cheeks.  I chose number 14, for tanned / olive skin, which is the colour I go in summer, but I doubt I'll be using this bronzer much come winter when I turn whiter than white!


Bio Detox Organic Concealer

This concealer claims to have anti-puffiness properties and massaging effect due to it's roll-on applicator... to be honest I wouldn't know cos I think that this most likely the worst concealer I've ever tried in my life!  I've tried the Healthy Mix concealer, which I liked, so I've nothing against Bourjois, but this concealer just is not fit for purpose.  Firstly, it comes out through the roller ball in thick clumps, which due to the roller action, don't necessarily land where you want it.  Secondly, it dries almost straight away and this makes it really tough to blend... and the under-eye area is not a place you want to be rubbing just to get a product to work properly!  Plus, when trying to blend, all this concealer does is smear.  So, I've not had the best experience with the Bio Detox Organic concealer.  I suppose if I had, I'd be talking about the massaging roller-ball cooling the under-eye, or the benefits of the organic ingredients, but... beh!


Swatches (top to bottom):  Delice de Soleil bronzer,  Bio Detox Organic straight after application, Bio Detox Organic with a lot of blending... very drying, not great in area where fine lines easily crop up!


10 Day No Chip Nail Polish

If you want to see what this polish looks like on, it actually features in a few of my previous post, such as this, or this.  A perfect colour for summer, though I'm still not certain what it is... number 16??  It's easy to apply and dries relatively quickly.  It does not last 10 days, but if you read the small print on the back the 10 days 'includes touch ups'... surely this is the case with any old nail varnish?  I managed to go around 2 days before needing a 'touch up'.  Oh well.  Forgetting the 10 day claim, this a great, though average, little nail polish.

Have you tried any of these products?
Let me know what you think about them in the comments below.





Twitter  |  facebook  |  bloglovin'  |  hellocotton  |  LOOKBOOK  |  Instagram


P.S.  I forgot to mention in the post above, but on top of the 3 for 2 offer, in boots (and probably other stockists in the UK too) you can also get a free pair of sunglasses when you spend over a certain amount on Bourjois.  Sorry there are no pictures, the sunglasses are a simple, largish frame with handy little brown silky pouch to store them in... mine are currently being carried around with me for the odd 10 minutes the sun decides to come out!  Last I checked this offer was still on if you want to check it out!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi there! I am so glad you decided to write about this! I am considering buying the new Bourjois bronzer but I think I will definitely go for it now! Your images are great, thanks so much.
    XOXO from a new follower here,
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the lovely comment Catanya and thanks for following!

    Yep, it's definitely my fave bronzer at the mo! :) Let me know how you get on with it if you do get it!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!