A Promise to Me

So today has been my last day as a 24 year old
... and it's got me thinking.

I really want to start feeling healthier and more energetic. This last year I've barely done any real exercise and I'm really starting to feel it! I've felt increasingly lethargic, sluggish, all round tired and I'm slowly but surely pilling on the pounds!

So, starting Saturday I'll be taking up Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred challenge!



 And I mean challenge!

I've had this DVD for nearly a year now and it is hard! I've done this workout probably only 10 times and never got past the first level, but I know it's good and that it works. I've tried a number of different workout DVDs - from Geri Yoga to Dennis Van Outen's Pure Dance Workout - and this is the most straight forward and effective that I've tried since the retro Y Plans Countdown: A Great New Shape in 36 days (an amazing workout that I followed religiously in my teens, but got chewed up by the VHS player!)

My problem with the 30 Day Shred in the past has just been motivation.
Jillian and her two assistants, one advanced and one taking you through a 'beginners' version, take you through a 20-odd minute work out of weights, cardio and abs ...without the chance of a breather! Just following the beginners version is at first pretty intense for anyone not used to exercise, but I personally found it quite reassuring to see even Jillian's super-fit assistants puffing and panting their way through the workout!

So wish me luck and I'll keep you updated!
I'm more than certain I'll stick to the shred this time, if only just to boost those energy levels in time for summer! I didn't make any New Years Resolutions for 2011 and I suppose it's never too late to start one, even if its mid-February!

Have has anyone else tried the 30 Day Shred?
Let me know how you got on!

Charlotte

Share:

0 comments

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!